After the terrible events of the last few months across the world we want to give you all the latest factual information we can provide on the COVID situation and Scuba diving.
This information is compiled with information from the Spanish and Tenerife Government’s, PADI, DAN and ABRE.
Also there is an implementation of the updated laws from the Spanish Government on Scuba Diving being effective 1st July 2020 and also our Local Town Hall has started to make some changes to procedures for divers locally.
This page will be updated with any relevant information and news and we ask all our divers to refer to this page for the most up to date information.
COVID – Tenerife
We spent 99 days in Lockdown with very strict restrictions on movements etc.
During this time we had a total of 110 deaths across the Island.
In our Municipality of Arico we have had no deaths.
On the 20th June the Spanish borders were opened and international air travel for nonresident’s resumes on the 1st July from most Countries.
We are open for business.
The air industry, like all businesses, was hit very hard but is preparing to get back to work with new procedures.
You will need to check with your airline and departure airport of what these are, but this is what can be expected at the moment from most airlines / airports.
- Not all terminals are open, check before arrival.
- Face mask’s MUST be worn at all times in the airport.
- Face mask vending machines are available at some airports.
- Hand Sanitizers are available throughout the airports.
- Your temperature will be checked before being allowed to proceed through Security.
- Most shops are closed.
- Most Bars are closed.
- Heath Check form being emailed by Airlines which MUST be completed before arrival in Tenerife.
- Form to be handed in at passport Control.
- Face mask’s MUST be worn at all times on the flights.
- No in-flight food / drink services being offered.
- Seat Belts to be worn at all times.
- No walking around cabin permitted.
- Toilet use by request.
- Most Bars open
- Most restaurants open
- Shopping malls open
- Beaches open – with local restrictions
- Face Masks to be worn in Shops
- 1.5 Metre distance to be kept where possible, if not mask to be worn.
We have adopted a number of new procedures to ensure our clients remain safe above all else.
On arrival you will be given a full briefing of what to expect.
- Face Masks must be worn in the Dive Centre
- Social Distancing of 1.5 Meters must be kept
- Disinfecting and rinsing procedures are in place
- Medical forms must be completed prior to arrival
Update 17th August 2020
- Social distancing to stay in place until further notice.
- Face Masks to be worn at all times in public spaces – These means inside Dive Centres and Shops too.
- More bars and restaurants are opening daily
Update 21st August 2020
- The popular night club area in Las Americas has been closed for 2 weeks due to the customers not following the “rules”.
- Some 200 bars and clubs were forced to close!
Update 28th October 2020
- Negative Covid test to be introduced from 13th November if arriving into public accommodation.
Update 11th November 2020
- Negative Covid test for all Red Zones for all incoming travelers effective 22nd November
- Updated map of Red Zones can be found here
- We will require a digital copy of a negative test prior to arrival and a paper document on arrival.
Update 9th January 2021
- Curfew between 10pm and 6am
- Max 4 persons in group
- Bars and restaurants to close at 10pm
- Face masks to be worn at all time;
Exemptions exist for swimming, sunbathing in a designated zone, eating, private vehicles occupied singly or by members of the same household, medical conditions (medical proof required – in Spanish because it will be Policía Local who’ll stop and fine you), working or exercising which makes wearing a mask impossible but mask must be carried to put on as soon as exempt activity stops.
- Entry to Tenerife is limited by a Spanish ban on non-resident UK arrivals to 19 January, by a Canarian decree restricting travel to and from national territory, and by the UK’s lockdown to at least March
If you are unsure about any information please send us an email.
For specific entry requirements for YOUR Country please check with your local channels.